When visiting the birthplace of Grove 45 Extra Virgin Olive Oil this past summer, owners Bonnie Storm & Nena Talcott imparted some wisdom upon us. They shared a most unusual way to serve their olive oil: drizzled over chocolate sorbet. One taste and we were hooked. We are pleased to share with you our adaptation of their fabulously original recipe.
Extra Virgin Chocolate Sorbet:
- 3 scoops of your favorite chocolate sorbet or ice cream
- Grove 45 Extra Virgin Oilve Oil for drizzling
- Bourbon Barrel Smoked Sea Salt
- Fresh Mint springs for garnish
- Salem Baking Co. Chocolate Moravian Cookies (optional)
Start with 3 scoops of chocolate sorbet or ice cream. Drizzle with Grove 45 Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Sprinkle with Bourbon Barrel Smoked Sea Salt. Add a spring of fresh mint for garnish. Press one Chocolate Moravian Cookie into the top scoop of ice cream, for an impressive presentation!