St. Patrick’s Day is a fun holiday, not just because my birthday is the next day, but because it seems to bring everyone together in towns across the country and the world to celebrate the Irish culture, have fun and of course wear green. From New York City with the largest parade in the world to Hot Springs, Arkansas with the shortest parade, you know next week will be booked with parties and celebrations. If you are heading to a St. Patty's Day party or get together, bring these easy Corned Beef Sauerkraut Sliders with the Guinness Mustard Dipping Sauce. If you are really busy, make the Guinness Mustard Dipping Sauce and pair it with some soft or hard pretzels.
For the Sliders
- Slider Size Potato Bread Rolls- (Look you're supporting the national vegetable of Ireland!)
- Thinly sliced Corned Beef
- Irish Cheddar Cheese
- Sauerkraut any style - We love Andre Laurent kraut (yes its St. Patrick's Day but we really enjoy the french style!!)
- Guinness Mustard (recipe below)
Place the Corned Beef on one side of the potato roll and top with cheese. Add a spoonful of Sauerkraut to the other side of the roll, put under the boiler until cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve with Guinness Mustard Dipping Sauce.
Guinness Mustard Dipping sauce:
(Mustard Recipe adapted by from Bon Appetit)
- 1/2 Cup coarse grained dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons Edmond Fallot Dijon Mustard
- 4 Tablespoons Guinness Stout Beer
- 1 Tablespoon of shallot, minced
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- Pinch of ground allspice
Mix together until all ingredients are blended. Now get to dipping!