While most chicken wings or drumettes are traditionally served with a spicy sauce, that's not always ideal when tailgating on warm weekends. Using Captain Rodney's Boucan Glaze - one of our best selling products from the Hot Springs Store - we created a wing recipe to beat the heat! Captain Rodney's has a spicy flavor, but not too much actual heat. It's a sweet tangy glaze and we found it worked beautifully in this baked drumette recipe. Make, share and enjoy!
Captain Rodney's Tangy Tailgate Drumettes
- 18 chicken wings (raw, thawed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Captain Rodney’s Boucan Glaze
- Wash, dry, and season the wings with the salt, garlic, pepper, cayenne, and paprika. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the drumettes on a wire rack, on top of a baking sheet, in a single layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, depending on the size of the drumettes, turning once.
- When the drumettes are done baking, carefully dip them in the sauce using a pair of tongs, and place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve with celery, carrots and your choice of ranch or blue cheese.