Roasted turkey with cranberry dressing is a fall favorite. Our turkey sandwich with mixed berry fruit spread combines the flavors of a turkey dinner with casual ease of a summer sandwich. While digging around in the fridge for that one final ingredient, we came across a jar of pickled okra and figured why not try it. It was an unexpected twist, but made for perhaps one of our favorite flavor combinations while working on this series of sandwiches. Get out the gourmet jams and get creative!
Turkey & Sharp Cheddar Sandwich with Mixed Berry Spread
- Sarabeth’s Mixed Berry Spreadable Fruit
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Carved or deli roasted turkey breast
- Pickled okra thinly sliced (or any vinegary pickle)
- Slice bread to desired thickness and toast for a sturdier sandwich. We grilled our in a grill pan with a brush of olive oil.
- Spread the jam on each slice. Layer with thinly sliced sharp cheddar and turkey.
- Top with pickled okra sliced lengthwise.
- Top with an additional slice of bread or serve open faced.