Jam, jellies, preserves and marmalades aren't just for breakfast anymore! We love the savory-sweet combination of adding fruit spreads to our favorite sandwiches. We have 3 combos to share and this sandwich made with seasonal heirloom tomatoes is a great place to start! As always, fresh ingredients make a difference. We started with fresh baked whole grain bread from a local bakery and heirloom tomatoes from a local farmer's market. The marmalade takes the place of a traditional balsamic drizzle...sweet and far less messy for picnics and packed lunches!
Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella, and Orange Marmalade Sandwiches
- Whole grain or your favorite artisan bread
- Sarabeth’s Orange Apricot Marmalade
- Sliced fresh mozzarella
- Sliced heirloom tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Pinch of sea salt
- Slice bread to desired thickness and toast for a sturdier sandwich. We grilled our in a grill pan with a brush of olive oil.
- Spread the marmalade on each slice. Layer with cheese, then slices tomatoes.
- Top with fresh basil leaves and a pinch of sea salt.
- Top with an additional slice of bread or serve open faced.