When I saw the ingredient list of Dark & Moody BBQ sauce from Stuart & Co, I was intrigued by the coffee and dark beer. It took me back to a few weeks ago when I had a pork chop rubbed in coffee, which was delicious and had a really nice deep flavor. So I thought I would try to make something with coffee. Of course I grabbed The Pancake Shop coffee - a robust, sweet coffee. Instead of a rub, I decided to make a paste, which would stick to the chicken and give it a crispy coating when grilled. I made skewers, but this paste could be used on a whole chicken or breast. After the first rotation, I basted the chicken with the Dark and Moody Sauce.
The dark and moody sauce is a deep flavor bbq, which is caused by the stout, coffee and molasses. It ends a bit warm, but not spicy.
Dark and Moody BBQ Chicken Skewers
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoons Pancake Shop Brand Coffee
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, or 2 cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt ground
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 2" pieces
- Stuart & Co. Dark & Moody Sauce
- Preheat the grill. If using gas, use medium heat. If using charcoal, light the fire, let coals turn white, and spread coals to evenly distribute heat.
- Mix the first five ingredients to make a paste. Use your hands and rub it all over the chicken. Skewer chicken.
- Place on grill. Cook for about 5 minutes on one side.
Turn and baste with Dark and Moody BBQ sauce. Cook 5 more minutes, or until juices run clear.