While we do love bourbon, something about a traditional Old Fashioned has always seemed a bit overpowering. The addition of the Hudson Standard Apple Coriander Maple Shrub seems to add just enough flavor to balance out the strength of the bourbon and bitters, and make this fresh take on a classic cocktail far more palatable.
Hudson Standard shrubs & bitters are made in the Hudson Valley region of New York state, where the leaves are showing their most vibrant fall colors. We can't think of a better way to celebrate this time of year than with a cocktail infused with the flavors of the season.
Hudson Standard Old Fashioned
- Fresh orange wheel
- 2-3 dashes aromatic bitters, such as Fee Brothers or Bar 40
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 3/4 oz The Hudson Standard Apple Corriander Maple Shrub
- single maraschino cherry (optional)
- Muddle orange and bitters in an empty glass to release the essential oils.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Add Bourbon and shrub. Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
- Stir and Enjoy! (DO NOT SHAKE - this will bruise the liquor causing it to get cloudy and bitter)