Whether you have a little on to get off to school or not, mornings can be hectic. Anything you can do to prep for the morning makes it flow more smoothly. That's why we're loving these "make ahead" parfaits. A package of 12 8oz. mason jars is just under $10 at most grocery stores - cheaper than rubbermaid - and better yet, reusable and last a lifetime.
After some experimentation, we found that layering your fruit between the yogurt and granola keeps the granola from getting soggy. And isn't that the whole point? That CRUNCH! Nothing worse than nabbing a parfait on the go only to have the granola be pure mush! We made these and kept them in the fridge fro up to 3 or 4 days, depending on the ripeness of whatever fruit you choose. Change it up and try a layer of jam or preserves if fresh fruit is unavailable!
"Make Ahead" Yogurt Parfaits
- 8 oz Mason Jars
- Greek or your favorite yogurt
- Nature's Habit Granola
- Fresh fruit, berries
- Catskill Provisions Raw Wildflower Fall Honey
- Fill each jar with a half cup of yogurt (the measurements are right on the side of the jar if you use Mason jars!)
- Drizzle with honey
- Top with a layer of fresh fruit or berries
- Finish with a handful of granola
- Pop a lid on each jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 or 4 days depending on the ripeness of your fruit.