What goes better with Father's Day than food and beer? Soberdough is a super simple way to combine both! Just mix one package of Soberdough with one 12 oz beer and you're well on your way to a freshly baked load of artisanal bread. We took it a step further and made our loaf into french toast. It's a hearty breakfast suitable for Father's Day or anyday.
Soberdough Cinnful Raisin French Toast
- 1 package Soberdough Cinnful Raisin Bread Mix
- 12 oz beer
- cinnamon and sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- powdered sugar & syrup for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350. Grease a 9x5" loaf pan.
- Combine the beer and soberdough mix according to package instructions.
- Spread half the mix into your loaf pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Add remainder of dough mix and spread evenly.
- Bake for 1 hr (if you have a hotter oven, 50 minutes should do it)
- After the bread has cooled completely, slice 3/4" thick slices
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Combine eggs and milk in a pie plate. Dip each slice of bread in the mixture coating on both sides.
- Add bread slices to the pan and toast on each side, approx 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve warm with powered sugar and syrup.