Homemade pizza doesn't have to be complicated to be delicious. With a pre-made crust and a jar of Elki bruschetta, you're just a few steps away from enjoying a fresh baked pizza, made to order. We used pepperidge farm puff pastry dough to create these 2 mini pizzas. Sure, it comes in a rectangular sheet, but after it thaws you can reshape it on a floured surface however you like.
For a twist on the classic margherita pizza, we used the Elki Artichoke Tomato Bruschetta. The bruschetta spread functions as both a sauce and topping, making your pizza building even easier. Next, we threw on some fresh water mozzarella before baking and finally topped the cooked pizza with sliced tomatoes and fresh basil leaves.
For our second pizza, we used the Elki Artichoke Lemon Pesto. You could really just use this spread and keep it simple, but we went ahead and added feta cheese, and chopped chicken breast pieces. (This is a great opportunity to "clean out the fridge" and get creative with toppings!) A great pizza for someone who isn't fond of red sauce.
We hope you'll take inspirations from our mini pizzas, and create your own with a variety of topping and bruschetta spread combinations! One mini pizza is perfect for a single entree or slice them for a shared appetizer.
Easy Bruschetta Mini Pizzas
- 1 Pepperidge Farm puff pastry dough thawed as per package instructions
- Elki Artichoke Tomato Bruschetta & Elki Artichoke Lemon Pesto
- 1 small chicken breast, cooked and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Fresh water mozzarella
- Feta cheese
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh roma tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400. Once the dough has thawed (on the counter 45 minutes), prepare your work surface with a dusting of flour. Divide the dough in half to form 2 balls. Roll out with a rolling pin. Turn up edges around each pizza to forma small crust.
- Place the 2 pizzas on an ungreased cookie sheet and prick all over with a fork. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the pre-baked crusts from the oven and spread each with the Elki Artichoke Tomato Bruschetta & Elki Artichoke Lemon Pesto.
- Top the Artichoke Tomato pizza with fresh mozzarella. Top the Artichoke Lemon Pesto pizza with feta and chicken. Return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Top the Artichoke Tomato pizza with fresh tomato slices and basil leaves.