Cool, sweet watermelon pairs beautifully with salty cheese and pesto in the super simple recipe that celebrates summer. Layer watermelon, cheese and pesto in tall stacks for a salad presentation or make individual "bites" for grazing. If you're making the individual bites and want to forego the fork, we found that leaving the rind on makes them easier to handle! We used asiago cheese, but you could try pairing any of our Elki spreads with various types of melon and cheese for endless culinary combinations.
Stacked Watermelon Pesto Bites
- 1 small seedless watermelon, chilled
- 1 small block of asiago cheese
- 1 jar of Elki Artichoke Lemon Pesto
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Start with a chilled seedless watermelon. (We found that serving the watermelon chilled and the pesto at room temp, was a nice balance)
- Slice watermelon into cubes (for stacking) or wedges (for bites).
- Layer with thin slices of asiago cheese.
- Top with the pesto.
- Garnish with a basil leaf or continue layering to your desired height for a salad stack.