May is National Salad Month and we are kicking it off with Keeley's go-to salad and vinaigrette recipe. While visiting Hot Springs, Keeley threw this salad together for us on a whim one evening.
The quality olive oil, vinegar, mustard and honey make this unassuming salad a real show stopper. It's that good. Use Keeley's vinaigrette proportions as a guide and adjust to your own taste preference.
The Perfect Salad & Simple Vinaigrette
• 1 bag Mixed Greens
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1/2 cup gorgonzola crumbles
• 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
• Black pepper & Fleur de Sel to taste
• 1 tsp Edmond Fallot Dijon Mustard
• 1 tsp Richard's Pure Raw Honey
• 6 tbsp Badia a Coltibuono Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 tbsp Cavalli Balsamic Condiment of Reggio Emilia
1. Add greens, tomatoes, cheese, and pecans to a large salad bowl and set aside.
2. Add 1 tsp of dijon mustard to an empty jar.
3. Add 1 tsp of honey to the jar, and mix well with a spoon.
4. Add 6 tbsp of olive oil to the honey & mustard mixture
5. Add 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar to the jar
6. Put a lid on the jar and SHAKE!
7. Pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss to coat
8. Add freshly ground pepper & fleur de sel to taste before serving