Cinco de Mayo is just a few days away and what better way to celebrate than with a simple pork taco recipe. No slow roasted pork to braise and shred. I already had pork chops in my freezer and the veggies in my fridge, to make this simple recipe with Mexican flare. What a great excuse to try out the La Fundidora Salsas that have been staring me down every time I open the pantry! The Salsa Fresca has a cool yet vibrant flavor that pairs well with chicken, pork and fish. These were a huge hit at my home and a great way to turn those pork chops into something unexpected.
Simple Pork Tacos with Salsa Fresca
- 4 boneless porkchops
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- taco seasoning
- corn or flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- La Fundidora Fresca Salsa
- cilantro leaves
- salt & pepper
- Preheat a grill pan & non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Rub the pork chops with 1 tbsp of olive oil and the taco seasoning.
- Add the onions & bell pepper to the non-stock skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring until desired tenderness.
- Add the chops to the grill pan. Cook through, about 4 minutes on each side. Once cooked, slice the chops thinly.
- Layer the pork and sauteed veggies in each tortilla. Top with a slice of avocado, a spoonful of salsa, and a few cilantro leaves.