Along with the delectable joys of an Easter feast, inevitably comes the mounds of Easter leftovers. Don't waste a sliver of that Arkansas Ham. Instead, make and share this irresistible Reuben sandwich and let the celebration continue... Toasted to perfection and layered with a simple coleslaw, this tasty stack will have your family begging for more leftovers!
The Savory Pantry’s Arkansas Ham Reuben Sandwich
- Leftover Arkansas Peppered ham or regular smoked ham
- Swiss Cheese
- Butter at room temperature
- Rye Bread (or any bread you would like)
- Creamy Slaw (Recipe Adapted by Martha Stewart)
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon Deli Dirt Mustard from Green Mountain
- 1 tablespoon of mayo
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 bag of coleslaw mix
- Mix all ingredients together
- Your favorite Russian Dressing or make it using this recipe
Preheat a cast iron pan over med-high heat. Butter the bread, making sure to cover the entire piece.
On the unbuttered side, spread russian dressing. Place one piece of swiss cheese, then pile a few slices of ham, place another piece of swiss, top cheese with creamy slaw, top with swiss cheese. Place the remaining piece of bread on top, to complete the sandwich stack.
Let the bottom slice brown slightly and then flip, pressing the sandwich down using a flat spatula, flip back over once the bottom half is brown (3 minutes) until first side is a little darker.